Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More about classes

I finally got the rest of my academic schedule worked out today, picking up the last geography class that I needed (it is a geomorphology class), and getting the schedule times for my remaining classes. Both are on Friday which means... I have no classes on Wednesday or Thursday! Although that seems awfully nice at first glance, they clearly require significantly more reading here than at home (which seems amazing to me; I read a lot at home).

So now I've got to figure out how to balance my time. My goals in studying abroad were not and are not academic. I think there is more to learn by getting out and seeing things. But old habits die hard. I am going to try to do as much work as I can tonight and tomorrow, and then maybe take Thursday to go in to London, maybe even on my own, to see some museums... not something I would typically do on a Thursday at home!

Suggestions for what museums to see? National Gallery is on Saturday with the rest of the international students, so leave that one out. Either post a comment or send me an email with suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting stuff. Sounds like the course work is quite a bit different than back home. Hope you're having a great time, and talk to you soon.
    - Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even at Colgate yet and I already miss you. Glad to hear you gave up the books though. Booyah!
    -Justin

    ReplyDelete