Saturday, March 28, 2009

Travel Plans

Alright, so everything is finally booked and set for the spring break/bank breaking trip for "spring break." For starters, the last day of lectures was on Friday March 27, and the first day of testing is on Monday April 27. Everything in between is deemed a "revision period." This, of course, is taken by all the visiting Americans to mean "spring break." My first test is on the 29th of April.

I begin my travels tomorrow evening when I leave London on a plane from Gatwick Airport, and land in Naples. Why Naples? Pompeii and Vesuvius of course!:


On Thursday, April 2, I will hop on a train in Naples, and hop back off again when I reach Florence (alright, maybe I'll get off to make a connection or two first...). My Mom will meet me in Florence, and together we'll get utterly lost in what I've heard described as the most difficult city in Europe to navigate:


Then, on April 5 we will hop on another train, this one heading for Rome. I'm not really sure what there is to see in this sleepy little town in Italy...


On the 9th, Mom will take off on a plane back to the US, and I will board yet another train, changing up countries when I arrive in Geneva, Switzerland, home of... does the UN count as the world? Okay, home of the world:


After 4 cities, I thought I'd get tired of the hustle and bustle. So I decided that on April 13th I'd take leave of the cities to go explore some natural beauty, and check out the Alps from Zermatt, Switzerland:


After soaking it all in, doing a little hiking, as well as a little relaxing, I will be recharged and ready for my last stop. A rather lengthy train ride will get me to Paris on the 16th:


Finally, on April 20th I will hop a train back to London, with about a week and a half to prepare for my first exam. Hopefully by then I'll remember something.

No comments:

Post a Comment