Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why the delay?

This is just a quick update from my friend Audrey's computer.  My intention, almost a week ago, was to give a slightly more in-depth look at my three weeks of travel on the continent, but then my computer caught swine flu.  It's the only reasonable explanation, really.  After several days of nursing it, it failed to return to health.  So upon the advice of several experienced officials I took it to get a lobotomy.  It is now almost 5 days later and I have yet to see my computer again.  So... for now there is a general hiatus on large-scale computer projects.  Luckily things like pictures, and at least most of my music are salvageable, but I'm not sure I'll believe that until I see a functioning computer.  Also luckily, I have no papers to write, or partially completed work on the computer.  Fact is I don't really need a computer at all... but I dare you to live in a single room on a college campus with no classes and only four tests in a 2-month period, and to do it without a computer.

So, final in the morning, and another Friday, neither of which have seen much preparation.  Off to try to focus (did you know focusing is impossible to do when generally the work you have to do is irrelevant and non-stimulating?).

No comments:

Post a Comment